Money is a major cause of stress for people nationwide— and to make matters worse, it’s still seen as a major taboo to discuss. Women may be lauded for our communication skills, but why aren’t we communicating about money?
To combat what I saw as a major gap in the industry, I started LearnVest.com in 2009. If you cringe at even the idea of a financial plan, I’d remind you of this: not having a plan is a plan—but probably a really bad one.
So why do I think it’s critical to become Financially Fearless?
1. We make numerous financial decisions every day.
2. We don’t learn about money in school.
3. Many of us are living paycheck to paycheck.
4. Most women control the household finances.
5. Money is a major factor in our careers.
6. Our retirements are at risk.
7. We need to make smart decisions.
So, now what?
Money is our lifeline. If you’re sick, you want the best care money can buy. If you’re in love, you’ll want to travel the world to see that person. Money is a critical tool, and everyone deserves the peace of mind that comes with having a solid financial plan. This isn’t about “getting rich.” It’s about enriching our lives and providing the security, stability, and freedom to help you do the things that you love. There’s no better time than now to get started.