Mentors come sparse in Medicine. My goal is to encourage a mindset that will help physicians assure the following goals for healthcare:
1. CEO’s should be selected by patients and employees, not by hospital boards
2. All healthcare related business should be non-for-profit, including insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies
3. Insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies should have caps on prices and everyone should pay the same price, regardless of whether they are a single individual, a family, or a company
4. Veteran hospitals should function with the same care for patients as any other hospital and be subject to getting sued just the same
5. CEOs should implement a culture of honesty, hard work, dedication to patients and transparency. They should be re-evaluated every so often by the above mentioned electors
As physicians, we need to take a leadership position in the world of Healthcare and assure that our patients are given the most fair, best care possible. As a woman, I call to all young women in Medicine to Lean In.
1 Leader, 1 Member
Join this Circle
We’re always looking for new members. Join today to be a part of Lean In’s global community.
How it works
A Lean In Circle is a small group of 8–12 women who meet regularly to support one another and learn new skills.
Why join a Circle?
85% of members credit their Circle with a positive change in their lives.