Part of the magic, this circle is open only to employees of The Walt Disney Company.
What roles do women fill in your office? How are they represented in your work? This circle explores gender representation, equity & inclusion (& by extension, disability, ethnicity & more); how these issues affect career advancement & work relationships; & brainstorm practical ways to make our offices & work more inclusive & equitable while building a supportive community of engaged & pro-active women.
About our Circle
Meets once a month
Part of the magic, this circle is open to employees and cast members of The Walt Disney Company. To join, please send in your company email address.
ABOUT THIS CIRCLE
What roles do women fill in your office? How are women represented in your work/shows/marketing? This circle aims to explore issues of gender representation, equity, and inclusion (and by extension, disability, ethnicity, and more); we’ll talk about how these issues affect our career advancement and work relationships, and brainstorm practical ways to make our offices and work more inclusive and equitable – all while building a supportive community of engaged and pro-active women.
MY REASON FOR LEADING A CIRCLE
I’m passionate about DEI (Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion) in both my work and in every aspect of my life. As a member of Disney Theatrical Group's creative development team, I deal directly with these issues in the selection of our show’s creative teams and how women, people of color, people with disabilities, etc. are represented in those shows and in our support materials. There’s a lot of work to do (and in so many ways beyond the creative), but when women – especially those with a diversity of experience and expertise – band together, I know we can get it done and build a supportive community in the process.
TOPICS MAY INCLUDE:
• Representation: of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, and more in our offices and our work
• Equity: of pay, career advancement, and opportunity
• Inclusion: getting (and keeping) a seat at the table
• Femtors/Mentors: How to get one and keep one
• Educational opportunities: learning about intersectionality & DEI, planning International Women’s Day/Black History Month/etc. activities, and more.
THE PERFECT CIRCLE MEMBER...
• Identifies as a woman and works for the Walt Disney Company in NYC.
• Is interested in learning more, or is already passionate, about issues of DEI.
• Is a woman who supports other women.
• Has a willingness to be vulnerable, to actively listen, and respectfully engage in what can be sensitive discussions.
• Does not need to work in theater! Diversity of experience/work will only help these conversations.
We will meet every third Tuesday of the month, 9:30-11:00 AM at the Disney Theatrical Group offices (located in the New Amsterdam Theatre)