This circle is for womxn who are interested in running for public office, are currently serving in public office, or want to support other womxn leading in public office. Primary goals are 1) to improve gender and racial equity in public office, 2) identi...
This circle is for womxn who are interested in running for public office, are currently serving in public office, or want to support other womxn leading in public office.
Primary goals are 1) to improve gender and racial equity in public office, 2) identify and implement ways to be directly engaged in public service, and 3) support womxn in running, winning and making change in public office.
This is a nonpartisain group that believes in human rights, social justice, and leading with intersectional awareness. Diversity of perspectives is encouraged and valued. Hate speech is forbidden.
You should join if...
- You are interested in running for public office (today or ten years from now)
- You want to do more than leave messages for your legislators, but aren't sure where to start
- You want to encourage or support other women running for office
- You work or volunteer for someone running for or currently in public office
- You want to demystify what it's like to run for office or be a politician
- You are in public office and want a group of kick-ass people to help you reach your goals
- You want to know practical ways to be engaged, like what to do with your Democracy vouchers!?
When and Where
Meetings may be in-person and online. As this circle and interest grows, it may make sense to divide up into specialized areas (running vs being in office, local vs state vs national, etc.). We'll see how it goes!
1 Leader, 29 Members
Join this Circle
We’re always looking for new members. Join today to be a part of Lean In’s global community.
How it works
Circles are small groups of women who come together—online or offline—for real talk and peer support.
Why join a Circle?
We all need a safe space for real talk, inspiration, and support. Right now, we need community more than ever.