Part of the magic, this circle is open to employees and cast members of The Walt Disney Company. To join, please send in your company email address.
About this Circle:
In honor of our beloved Minnie Mouse, Minnie Leaps to Success is designed to inspire thought and action in each members lives to make the many small and few big decisions necessary throughout our careers that position us for career growth and ultimately obtaining the careers we dream of.
Everyones dream is different, but in this group we'll learn from each other and be inspired to make bold decisions, contemplate potentially career changing decisions together, and leave each meeting empowered with new ideas and motivated to take action towards our next Minnie Leap to better position ourselves for optimal career success and fulfillment. Together, we'll talk through how we got to where we are and where we want to be headed in our careers, and along the way become part of each others stories.
My reason for leading this Circle:
I have always loved talking with others about career choices and strategizing steps for short term and long term plans. In fact, in high school and college, talking with my academic counselor was always something I looked forward to for that reason! As I continue to grow in my career, I find myself in a constant cycle of seeking advice and mentorship, and then giving advice and mentorship. Leading this Circle feeds that cycle and brings it into one organic fluid space.
Topics may include:
- Contemplating interest in a new position; "To apply, or not to apply?"
- What do our dream careers look like if we're really honest with ourselves?
- What actions can we take to position ourselves for optimal success and fulfillment in our careers?
- Strategic recovery from being passed over for a promotion.
- Evolving social networks after taking a new position or being promoted.
- How do our perceived images in the workplace position us for success or failure?
The perfect circle member:
- You have an established career of 3 years or more experience and you're interested in growing your career.
- Every other Thursday 12 pm - 1 pm, TWDC Seattle Office
1 Leader, 7 Members
Networks we’re affiliated with
Networks connect groups of Circles and individuals that share a common location, company, affinity, industry, or interest area.