The Change Your Shoes and Lean In circle is the founding circle of the Change Your Shoes chapter. The circle (and the chapter) is about stepping out of all that holds you back, and stepping into all that moves you forward. It's about thriving beyond struggle and leaping into all we want for ourselves. It's about knowing that our past doesn't define our future, and leaning into a new future!
We focus on helping the most challenged and under-served girls and young women, including those who have experienced child sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, sex trafficking physical abuse, bullying, and other traumatic life challenges; who are homeless, in foster homes, in women's shelters, and who need help to "step into new shoes."
In addition to Lean In materials, the circle uses an 8 - 12 week "Change Your Shoes and Lean In" empowerment curriculum created by circle leader, Kathy Andersen, in collaboration with the Lean In team.
As part of expanding the circle, we "train-the-trainer" and we train "graduates" of the Change Your Shoes and Lean In curriculum to mentor other girls and young women to start new Change Your Shoes circles.
We'll have on-line and physical forums to engage and inspire members.
Who should Join?
1. Anyone who has experienced any of these life challenges.
2. Anyone who wants to help empower under-served girls and young women.
3. Anyone working with non-profit organizations that want a new forum to help empower the participants they serve.
4. Anyone from corporations who want to help these populations.
5. Anyone who wants to keep empowering themselves to empower others.
Looking forward to our journey together
1 Leader, 82 Members
Networks we’re affiliated with
Networks connect groups of Circles and individuals that share a common location, company, affinity, industry, or interest area.