The Change Your Shoes chapter is about stepping out of all that holds you back, and stepping into all that moves you forward. It's about thriving beyond struggle and leaping into all we want for ourselves. It's about knowing that our past doesn't define our future, and leaning into a new future!
We focus on helping the most challenged and under-served girls and young women, including those who have experienced child sexual abuse, sexual exploitation, sex trafficking, physical abuse, bullying, and other traumatic life challenges; who are homeless, in foster homes, in women's shelters, and who need help to "step into new shoes."
In addition to Lean In materials, the chapter uses the "Change Your Shoes and Lean In" empowerment curriculum created by chapter coach, Kathy Andersen, in collaboration with the Lean In team.
As part of connecting and growing circles, we "train-the-trainer" and we train "graduates" of the Change Your Shoes and Lean In curriculum to mentor other girls and young women to start new Change Your Shoes circles.
We'll have on-line and physical forums to engage and inspire members.
Who should Join?
1. Anyone who has experienced any of these life challenges.
2. Anyone who wants to connect their circle with other circles empowering under-served populations.
3. Anyone who wants to help empower under-served girls and young women.
4. Anyone working with non-profit organizations that want a new forum to help empower the participants they serve.
5. Anyone from corporations who want to help these populations.
Looking forward to our journey together!
1 Leader, 86 Members
Join this Circle
We’re always looking for new members. Join today to be a part of Lean In’s global community.
How it works
A Lean In Circle is a small group of 8–12 women who meet regularly to support one another and learn new skills.
Why join a Circle?
85% of members credit their Circle with a positive change in their lives.