Last Updated: July 27, 2023
This Site is not directed to children. The materials we provide are intended to be used with girls, but not by girls through the Site or any other online interactions with us. We provide the Site and any other online Services for parents, coaches, mentors, etc.
We may update this Policy at any time. Any changes to the Policy will become effective upon the date of our posting of the revised Policy on the Site. If you use the Site following that date, you will be deemed to have accepted the Policy’s updated terms.
1. What Types of Information Might Lean In Girls Collect About You?
Information You Provide. We collect information about you that you provide, whether through the Site or by mail, email, phone, or otherwise. To use our Services, you will need to provide us with some information about yourself that is personally identifiable information” (or “PII”), i.e., it identifies or could be used to identify you. For example, to sign up for our newsletter, you will need to provide us with your email address, and to download the content we offer, you will need to provide your email address, first and last name. If you represent an organization interested in entering into a partnership role with us, we will also require you to provide the name of that organization.
Information We Collect Automatically. We also may automatically collect certain information about you and your computer or device used to connect with our Site or Services. This information may include:
- The type of web browser and operating system you have used to access our Site or Services;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is a number automatically assigned to your computer when you access the Internet and can be used to derive your general geographic location) or mobile device identifier;
- The domain name of your Internet service provider;
- The website you visited before you came to our Site; and
- Information about the content you view and the features you access on our Site, which we may collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies.
2. How Does Lean In Girls Use the Information It Collects?
a. PII. We may use the PII that we collect for any or all of the following purposes:
- Responses to Requests. We will use your PII to respond to your requests, such as to let you download our materials, send you publications or other information, or to answer your questions.
- Keep You Informed and Connected. If you sign up to receive our newsletter or other communications or notices we may offer, we will use your contact information to provide you with those materials. You generally may opt out of receiving such communications, as described in those communications or as indicated in Section 4 below on managing your PII.
- Compliance. We may use your PII as needed to meet our legal obligations and to preserve the security, availability, and integrity of our Site and our Services.
- Creating Aggregated or Otherwise De-Identified Information. In order to analyze how best to serve multiple users of our Site and Services, we may combine your PII with that of other users in such a way that it is no longer identifiable to you or them. We may use the resulting de-identified information (as well as any de-identified information we derive from your PII alone) for any legitimate purpose.
- Internal Business Purposes. We also may use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, enhancing our website, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Automatically Collected Information. We use the information we automatically collect through your and other Site users’ computers and mobile devices to help improve the Site, such as by analyzing usage of certain pages or functions on the Site. The technologies we use to do this, such as Google Analytics, enable us to compile statistics about our daily number of site visitors or specific page requests. To learn more about how your data is collected through Google Analytics and how it is protected, please see Safeguarding your data - Analytics Help (google.com).
3. With Whom Does Lean In Girls Share PII?
We will share your PII with others in very limited circumstances. First, we will share your PII at your request or with your express consent. Otherwise:
- Affiliates. We may share your PII with our affiliated companies, such as the Sandberg Goldberg Bernthal Family Foundation and LeanIn.Org.
- Service Providers. We may share your PII with unaffiliated third parties who partner with us or provide us with services, such as data analysis, content design, or IT services.
- Acquirers or Assignees. In the event of a planned or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Lean In Girls or its assets, we may transfer any and all information that we collect from users of the Site or Services to the acquiring party or assignee.
We do not share PII with third parties in exchange for any type of remuneration, and we do not share PII with unaffiliated entities for them to use for their own promotional purposes.
4. How Can You Manage Your PII?
a. Managing Communications With You. If you no longer wish to receive emails from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out of receiving such emails by following the “unsubscribe” directions in any of such emails. You may also update your preferences by contacting us as indicated in Section 8 below. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
b. Updating or Correcting PII. If you would like to review, correct, update or remove PII about you that you previously provided to us, you should contact us as indicated in Section 8 below. For your protection, we will only implement such requests if we can verify your identity using the PII available to us or that you may be willing to provide. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
5. How Does Lean In Girls Protect and Maintain PII Collected Through the Site?
a. Security. We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to help protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. However, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure. Please do not send us information you consider confidential via e-mail.
b. Data Integrity and Retention. We will retain PII about you for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Policy or any longer period prescribed by Lean In Girls’ data retention policies or applicable law.
6. Collection of PII by Others Through Our Site.
We do not allow third parties (other than our service providers) to collect information about visitors to our Site by deploying tracking tools on our Site.
7. Use of the Site by Children.
As stated above, this Site is not directed to children. We do not intend to and do not knowingly collect PII online from any children under age 13. Please let us know if you think we may have collected PII through the Site or other online channel from a child under age 13 so that we can delete any such PII from our systems.
8. Contacting Us.
Lean In Girls
P.O. Box 26221
San Francisco, CA 94126
Phone: (650) 294-8275