Frequently Asked Questions
Lean In Partners are corporate and nonprofit organizations that support LeanIn.Org’s efforts to reach gender equality and empower women to achieve their ambitions. Our community of over 900 partners have access to Lean In programs that help women develop critical skills and organizations counteract gender bias. As a result, our partners report that more women are taking the lead.
As a Lean In Partner, you have free access to programming that helps women develop critical skills and organizations counteract gender bias. By registering as a partner, your organization will gain access to:
- Everything you need to run Lean In Circles, our No. 1 partner program
- Access to a community of over 900+ organizations that share best practices and exchange resources around women’s issues
- A library of tips, education videos, meeting guides, articles, and other employee resources
- Lean In brand assets that can be used at internal events with employees
- Opportunities to participate in public awareness campaigns like #LeanInTogether and #BanBossy
- An invitation to join our Partner Champion Circle at leanin.org/champions where champions from across our network are plugging in to share best practices, exchange resources, and seek advice.
As a first step, submit your partner profile. During the short registration process, we'll ask you to provide the following:
- A company description and logo
- An executive quote explaining how and/or why your organization is committed to gender equality
- Your contact information. As the person who registers your organization, you'll become the Lean In Partner Champion, or primary point of contact at your organization.
We'll also ask about your interest in our different programs, from Lean In Circles to education content for employees, and you’ll need to accept our Terms of Service before completing registration.
No. All of the resources we provide to partners are free.
A Partner Champion is responsible for implementing Lean In programming and serving as the primary liaison between an organization’s employees and LeanIn.Org. The person who submits your organization's partner profile usually becomes the Partner Champion, although some organizations have a team of people working together to fulfill Partner Champion responsibilities. If you become your organization's Partner Champion, you’ll be responsible for starting programs like Lean In Circles at your organization, as well as sharing our news, education materials, and public awareness campaigns with employees.
A GOOD PARTNER CHAMPION…
- Can come from any department at any level
- Can be a single individual or a small group dedicated to sharing the responsibilities
- Has time and resources to support the partnership
- Is excited about the role and the mission of LeanIn.Org
As a small team, we prioritize partner requests over other requests, but our availability is limited. We will do our best to accommodate your request.
Lean In Circles are small groups that learn and grow together by leveraging the benefits of adult learning and peer mentorship. And they work: 85 percent of members credit their Circle with a positive change in their life. Once you submit your partner profile, you’ll get tips on getting started and running your Circles, along with supporting materials to help you market and engage with your Circles community.
Yes. Research shows that everyone benefits when men lean in for equality—starting with men themselves. Once you submit your partner profile, you’ll have access to tips, videos, and other resources that engage men in the discussion and help them to do their part toward achieving gender equality. We encourage you to distribute them to your employees and/or to integrate them into existing training programs for managers.
Yes. We have partner companies around the world and Lean In Circles in more than 150 countries. Simply submit your partner profile to register.
The book, Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead, can be purchased in 34 languages worldwide.
More About LeanIn.Org
LeanIn.Org was founded by Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg to empower all women to achieve their ambitions. We offer inspiration and support through our network of 900+ partners, an online community, free expert lectures, and Lean In Circles, small peer groups who meet regularly to share and learn together.
Since the organization’s launch in March 2013—following the release of the bestselling book, Lean In: Women, Work and the Will to Lead—the LeanIn.Org community has grown to over 1.6M women and men and more than 33,000 Lean In Circles in over 150 countries. LeanIn.Org is a private operating nonprofit organization under IRS section 501(c)(3).
No. Although we are extremely grateful for your support, we do not accept private donations. The best ways to further our mission are to register your organization as a Lean In Partner, use our materials to implement Lean In Circles, and/or share our education materials and other content with your colleagues.
If you have additional questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What is a Lean In Partner?
- What are the benefits of becoming a Lean In Partner?
- How can my organization become a Lean In Partner?
- Do we have to pay to be a partner?
- What does it mean to be a Lean In Partner Champion?
- If I'm a partner, can someone from LeanIn.Org speak at my conference or event?
- How can I start Lean In Circles within my organization?
- Can men be involved in Lean In programs?
- My organization is outside of the United States. Can we start a partnership and/or Circles program?
- Can you translate LeanIn.Org content into another language?
Use the form below to sign in to your Leanin account.